Residence permit: green card in exchange for investments in the USA
Strategies for obtaining citizenship by investment are very common in the countries of the world. Perhaps this is the fastest and easiest way to get a new passport.
For example, the EB-5 program is a US government program adopted back in 1990 in order to stimulate the national economy. In 2022, the program allows foreign investors, as well as their families, to obtain a residence permit in the United States (that is, a green card) after investing from $800 thousand in commercial projects in the United States.
There are some nuances of using this program:
- $800 thousand of investments are relevant for projects in the Target areas of employment and industrial projects, for the rest of the business the amount is $1.05 million;
- the program of Regional Centers will run until September 30, 2027;
- the time for processing petitions will be shortened by increasing the cost of fees;
- 20% of EB-5 visas are reserved annually for projects in agriculture, 10% – for areas with high unemployment, 2% – for priority consideration in industrial projects.
In general, the program is still very attractive for obtaining a residence permit in the most progressive and developed economy in the world.
ARAVANA Multifamily Office specialists will help you take advantage of the following advantages of the EB-5 program:
- get the opportunity to move to the USA with the right to work and study;
- invest in major projects in the United States, including in the real estate sector;
- after 5 years after receiving a green card, there is an opportunity to apply for US citizenship;
- more than 170 countries with the possibility of visa-free entry with a US passport, visa-free entry to Mexico and Canada with a green card.
For a detailed consultation, send your details in the form below and we will contact you promptly.