Promising areas for investment in Abu Dhabi real estate
Abu Dhabi is the economic, political, educational and cultural center of the UAE. In Abu Dhabi, there are a number of districts with the freehold status, where citizens of any country can purchase real estate in private ownership. One of the most promising communities for buying villas and apartments are the islands of Saadiyat and Yas Island.
Today, these communities are actively developing, so you can buy real estate here on favorable terms directly from the developer.
The large man-made island Yas Island, separated from the mainland by a sea channel, is a key entertainment community in the capital of the UAE.
Features of the housing market on Yas Island
In Q4 2022, Yas Island became the most popular location for buying investment property in Abu Dhabi. The island offers a wide range of housing for every taste. Here you can find both apartments and studios, as well as luxury villas and urban townhouses.
Ready-made 1-bedroom apartments cost from 750,000 AED ($204,000). You can find apartments in a residential complex under construction. In this case, the starting price for a 1-bedroom apartment will be 650,000 AED ($177,000). Developers offer buyers of objects under construction to use installments, in which they can gradually make contributions without overpayment during construction and after the project is commissioned.
Yas Island has a wide range of premium-level real estate properties, which have been in high demand among foreign investors over the past few years. The starting price of the finished 3-bedroom villa is 3.3 million AED ($898,000). A 3-bedroom mansion under construction can be purchased at a price of 2 million AED ($544,500).
Why is it profitable to invest in real estate on Yas Island?
Among the key advantages of buying a home on Yas Island are the following:
- The island’s real estate has one of the highest return on investment in Abu Dhabi: apartments have up to 6.3%, villas have 5.2% per year.
- Rental housing on the island enjoys consistently high demand among both tourists and locals, which allows investors to easily find customers and receive regular passive income.
- Good transport accessibility: the island is connected to the mainland by a 10-lane highway. It takes 25 minutes to get to the center of Abu Dhabi from the district.
- Proximity to beaches with an area of 1 hectare and excellent infrastructure with popular shopping, entertainment and recreational centers.
Saadiyat island is of natural origin and is connected to the mainland by two bridges. It is located 5-10 minutes drive from the center of Abu Dhabi.
Features of the housing market on Saadiyat Island
Apartments, villas and townhouses can be found on the island. There are also premium penthouses and duplexes. Buyers can choose both fully finished housing and objects in residential complexes at the construction stage.
Housing prices in the area are almost the same as for luxury new buildings in Dubai. The starting price of a finished 1-bedroom apartment is 900,000 AED ($245,000). A 4-bedroom villa on the secondary market is for sale for 5.5 million AED ($1.5 million). Premium 1-bedroom apartments under construction can be purchased at a price of 1.2 million AED ($327,000). Luxury villas under construction are estimated at 6 million AED ($1.6 million).
What is the benefit of buying an apartment or a house on Saadiyat Island?
Buying a modern apartment or luxury house on Saadiyat Island is beneficial for a number of reasons, including:
- The accommodation is located next to well-groomed sandy beaches, which gives residents the opportunity to enjoy a resort lifestyle walking and jogging along the Persian Gulf, swimming in the purest sea and the opportunity to engage in various water sports.
- At the moment, Saadiyat Island is at the stage of development, so housing prices here have not reached the maximum indicators. After the completion of construction work, the cost of apartments and houses will increase. Homeowners will be able to sell or rent it out profitably at any time.
- Investors buying real estate to run a rental business can count on a stable income, as large museums, exhibition centers and galleries will operate on the territory of Saadiyat Island, which will attract potential tenants and tourists here.
- The return on investment in the island community reaches 7% per year, which is no less than most types of premium real estate in Dubai.
- When buying at the construction stage, you can use the installment plan from the developer and purchase premium real estate at an attractive price.
Saadiyat and Yas Islands are among the most popular locations for investing in Abu Dhabi housing. An important advantage of these two resort areas is the status of freehold zones. This means that there are no restrictions on the purchase of real estate in private ownership for foreigners on the territory of the islands. If you are interested in these directions for buying an apartment or a house for investment or for personal residence, leave a request in the form below and we will contact you soon.