Company registration in Qatar

HomeCompany registration in Qatar

Registering a company in Qatar is one of the most popular requests among foreign entrepreneurs. The prospect of development is simply huge, experts say that with the current pace of progress, the country will reach the level of the UAE in just a few years, and will become one of the main centers of tourism, investment and capital accumulation.

How to start a business in Qatar?

A foreign investor can establish a business in Qatar by registering a company with a minimum capital of $55,000 and with at least 1 local Qatari partner. 

Private limited liability companies are the most common business structures in which a foreign investor owns a maximum of 49% of the shares, and the remaining 51% is owned by a Qatari partner, usually a professional Qatari shareholder. 

Despite the restrictions, the Ministry of Business and Trade can approve 100% foreign ownership on a case-by-case basis and in certain specific sectors, for example, agriculture, healthcare, education, tourism, information technology, entertainment, etc.

The most popular forms of doing business in Qatar:


Investment Club;



Family offices.

The most common structure among foreigners is a limited liability company. Registration of a limited liability company in Qatar requires minшьгь capital of 200,000 QAR (approximately 54930 USD), while residents (partners) of this country own 51% of voting rights. It does not matter whether one Qatari partner owns a controlling stake or several.

Company registration process

Business registration in Qatar on the mainland and in the free zone can be divided into several stages:

  • Reservation of the name (usually carried out through the Ministry of Economy).
  • Drafting a Memorandum of Association (MOA) or Articles of Association (AOA)— these documents are crucial because it sets out the relevant details of the company and its objectives. The MOA/AOA must be certified by the appropriate authority under the Ministry of Justice.
  • For all companies, it is mandatory to specify the address of the office.
  • Obtaining a trade license, after which the company can apply for an enterprise card at the Ministry of Internal Affairs. This is an important step when trying to register a company in Qatar.

In addition to these steps, there are several other requirements for registering a company in Qatar:

  • Obtaining a residence permit for foreign owners.
  • Registration with the state tax authorities and the Ministry of Labor.
  • Opening a corporate bank account in any Qatari bank.

Registering your own business can be problematic. We recommend contacting companies that provide the opportunity to open an enterprise without your direct participation. 

Company registration in Qatar together with ARAVANA Multifamily Office experts

Registering your own business can be problematic. If you have decided to start a business in Qatar, we can provide the following services for you:

  • registration of holding companies, trusts, family offices, special purpose vehicles;
  • transformation of a company from one legal form to another;
  • full business administration (providing a legal address, renting an office, hiring a director and secretary, opening a bank account, etc.);
  • professional advice on tax planning and the specifics of Qatar’s fiscal legislation;
  • legal support of a company in Qatar;
  • full-fledged business administration (preparation and submission of financial and tax reports).

We are directly involved in preparing the necessary documents for opening a company in Qatar, including: a company computer card and an ID card for the director (mandatory presence), a business plan. And we also provide assistance in obtaining a residence permit in Qatar.

Your personal presence will be required to sign documents at the bank when opening an account. 

Get detailed advice on registering a company in Qatar. Leave a request in the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.


    Lana Avetisyan

    Managing Director for Business Development

    +7 (977) 298-27-05

    Loading posts...
    Sort Gallery